Executive Director – Perrysburg Area Chamber of Commerce
Reports to: Board of Directors
Pay Range: TBD (based on qualifications)
Positions Supervised: Administrative Assistant and Occasional Volunteers
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible and accountable to the Board of Directors to provide executive leadership to the Perrysburg Area Chamber of Commerce (PACC). The ED serves as the “public face” of the PACC, as well as works to ensure that the PACC priorities are responsive to member needs.
• Oversee the general finances of the PACC.
• Oversee day to day operations of the Chamber, including management of programs, staffing, membership and marketing efforts.
• Maintain a positive relationship, as well as offer open communication with the Board, and work with the Board in the governance of the PACC.
• Develop goals and objectives for recommendation to the Board.
• Represent the PACC at business and community events, meetings, etc.
• Build partnerships with other organizations.
• Develop and maintain a positive and helpful relationship with city and county governmental agencies as well as neighboring Chambers and the State Chamber.
• Serve as principal spokesperson and ambassador for the PACC.
• Oversee the management of chamber staff including hiring, firing, performance reviews, and salary and benefits.
• Membership recruitment and maintenance.
• Public relations, advertising and media presence (including digital).
• Directs the PACC annual and long-term planning process.
• Plans and oversees events including but not limited to: monthly luncheons, annual golf outing, Fall festival.
• Actively seeks opportunities for sponsorships at all levels.
• Identify and develop revenue generation programs and events.
• Any additional duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Skills & Abilities
• Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.
• Effective oral and written communications skills.
• Exemplary customer service skills
• Time management and event planning skills.
• Strong ability to foster teamwork and collaboration between/among Board members, staff, and other PACC members.
• Strong executive and supervisory skills, including ability to plan, organize, lead, delegate, and monitor.
• Passion for collaboration and networking
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and manage a budget, to analyze organization performance and to project financial performance.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and overnights.
• Strong commitment to personal growth.
• Commitment to best business practices for the PACC.
• Minimum of 5 years of management/executive level experience in a business related field or other leadership position, including supervision of professional staff and oversight of finances.
• Previous Chamber management experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of local, regional and state-level political systems, and experience in developing collaborative relationships in these areas.
• Bachelor’s degree within a relevant study area from an accredited college or university required; or comparable professional training and experience.
• Reliable attendance.
• Able to work in a PC networked environment that uses Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Internet browsers, and other necessary programs needed to accomplish the job.
• Some graphic design and marketing experience preferred.
Typical Physical Activity
• Speaking, hearing, reading, and understanding English.
• Repetitive motion.
• Pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending.
• Stooping, crouching.
• Lifting and carrying.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Reaching overhead.
• Sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time.
• Visual and mental concentration.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by Friday, October 8, 2021 to:
Brody Walters, President
Perrysburg Area Chamber of Commerce